Thursday 26 May 2011

Nail Girls.




I don't often post about anything nail-related, mainly because I don't really look after my nails (although I have booked a spa manicure, whatever that is, so stay tuned!) and also because I feel that most blogs already cover the nail side of things. I haven't, however, seen anything on this reasonably new brand called Nail Girls.
Nail Girls say "Our colours are a superior formula, free from any harmful chemicals. (toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor) They are not tested on animals, are vegan friendly and the packaging is recyclable."
Before I had even tried the polishes, I was already interested. I love a product that finds a little niche and works with it, and I know a few of my vegan readers will be really interested.

I tried Pink and Green (no frills names, but there is a number) and you can see how nicely Pink turned out in the last picture. A gorgeous colour, and I had a compliment on it at work which always works well with me, and I'm really impressed with how well they've lasted without chipping! I slapped on Pink two days ago, early in the morning before work but didn't have time to put on a top coat and aside from the obligatory tip wear which always happens quickly with my nails (especially sans topcoat) there are no chips! Please remember I have opened many a box at work the past couple of days which usually sends my nails (and cuticles) into meltdown.
The colour was good after one coat but I applied two for the full affect.

I'm really impressed at how well the polish has lasted, especially from a product which boasts that it includes no harmful chemicals. The brand has had good write ups from Vogue and Elle (and now gh0stparties.com...) and I highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment