Friday 27 May 2011

Chanel Blush in Rose Petale.







So I splashed out on a Chanel blusher in 99 Rose Petale after a massively awful day at work! If you follow me on twitter you will know all about this but it was basically a rude man asking about ingredients who told me he "came from a science background which I clearly didn't know a thing about" needless to say, he was put in his place when I told him I had a degree in forensic science and also study cosmetic science on the side. I WIN.

You can't even see the beauty of this blush in my picture, but it is absolutely gorgeous. Such a lovely texture, and so easy to use. By swirling my blusher brush over it, it turns into such a fine powder which means it goes on so smoothly and looks really natural.
The packaging is amazing and obviously iconic, I will happily get this out on the train/at work/everywhere to reapply.

I chose this colour because for my first Chanel blush, I wanted something versatile and a "go to" blusher which would work with any look. I also chose quickly because its a big spend and I didn't want to a) back out or b) change my mind when I looked closer at the other gorgeous colours.
You can see from the swatch that its a lovely rose pink with a slight natural shimmer (although I still use my highlighter for a bit more of a glow).

I'm so happy with this product, and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it. It's easy to apply, blends incredibly well and lasts all day. I was actually surprised when I saw myself after an 8hour day and my blusher was still in place and I still looked ALIVE.

You must all buy. What's your favourite Chanel product?

No comments:

Post a Comment