Wednesday 4 May 2011

Illamasqua.






I recently (like a month ago) bought a couple of things from Illamasqua, a brand I hadn't really tried before but one I've really fallen for.
I ended up buying the Illuminator in Fondle and the powder blusher in create. I'm a big fan of illuminators so when I got it I was really pleased with the colour. You can see from the swatches it's a gorgeous bright pink with a slight gold sheen to it, which looks lovely under foundation. I've only really used it on my cheek bones but I'm looking forward to seeing what other uses it has.

As I bought the blusher online, I wasn't able to swatch so when I got it through I was gutted and really felt like I'd bought the wrong shade & wasted my money thinking I wasn't ever going to wear this horrible brown/orange colour. It's nothing like any of my other blushes which are all lovely shades of pinks, and if i'm honest, are all very samesey. I gave this a shot anyway, considering how much I spent on it and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I was more tanned at the time (heaps more than the picture, but I thought I would put up something to demonstrate how nice it is). I use this blusher with my Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam. I know you're all sick of hearing about this product but it really is lovely and completes every look!
Also, sorry about the tragic photo, I had been at work for 9 hours!

Overall, I'm massively pleased with Illamasqua and will definitely be purchasing some more of their products in the future! Any recommendations? As if my makeup collection needs it...



No comments:

Post a Comment