Tuesday 22 March 2011

Topshop Sandstorm.





Yesterday I bought a few things from the new Topshop Sandstorm collection. I'd seen this Blush/Bronze duo and decided to pick it up as I'm still in love with my Topshop highlighter. This cheek duo is in Dessert Sun, and has a rosy blush with a light bronze in one compact. I thought I would give it a go as I never use a bronzer. I didn't swatch this product as it's so faint, I have rubbed my finger around the product and barely anything comes up. I love the idea of this product, but I can't see it having any life-changing affects on my makeup routine. I haven't tried it on yet, to be fair but as it's so faint I don't see it doing a lot of damage.

I also bought two of the lipsticks, Enamoured - a soft reddish pink and Coy - a light nude pink. I constantly have dry lips so I try not to wear matte lipsticks (tragic, I know) so I though these would give a matte affect without being too drying.
I love both the colours, especially Coy but they do show up my dry, flaky lips. I'm really disappointed, but I think I will continue to use them with a lot of lip preparation first. I guess I'd have to use a lip scrub and then a lip balm before using the lipsticks, which is a lot of work.
The lipsticks are actually in pencil form, which I think I have to sharpen. This will probably annoy me, especially when I'm carrying them around with me in my handbag and need to sharpen them. I don't think I know anyone who carries a sharpener round with them. Saying that, the smaller nib allows easier application.
The colours are gorgeous, but they don't stay on for long. I guess with a good base & on healthy, non chapped lips they would last longer.




L-R: Topshop Lipstick in Coy and Enamoured.

To be honest, I'm slightly disappointed in these products. I've raved about Topshop makeup before and these don't really live up to the hype. I do love the lipsticks, but for my dry lips they're not the best.

What are your thoughts on the products?



No comments:

Post a Comment