Friday 4 March 2011

Smashbox Haul.



I recently bought quite a few things from Smashbox, which I think has some really lovely products. I bought the Publicist Powder Blush, Double Exposure Lip & Cheek Colour in Irresistible, Proof Sheet Powder Blush, Cream Eyeliner Pencil in Antique Gold and Eyelights Palette in Special Effects.
I can't stop buying blushes recently, I'm pretty sure they all look the same anyway! Such lovely pink colours, I can't wait to try them.


I just swatched the blushes on paper, but you can see the Smashing Publicist blush is a gorgeous peachy colour, and I think this is my favourite one. The Proof Sheet blush is a bit more of a rosy pink, which is nice and natural for day time & work.
The lip and cheek colour is a bit more of a coral/pink, which looks lovely on my lips. I will probably end up wearing this more of a lip tint because I tend to wear powder blushes.
It's so lightweight, it doesn't even feel like I have any lipgloss on. It doesn't feel sticky either, which is a massive pro! It's quite natural, it gives a slight pink tint to the lips rather than a full on gloss. It's also moisturising which is a plus for me as my lips are constantly chapped!

The cream eyeliner just glides on, so creamy and easy to apply. I've never worn a gold eyeliner before so it's definitely something I want to try. I always wear black eyeliner which is getting a bit old now.
I'll probably use this with the palette I bought, or maybe use it above my black liner sans eyeshadow.






I absolutely adore this little palette! It'll be so good for taking away with me when I travel. I love nude and natural colours, I'm not brave enough to wear anything too bright. I can't wait to try this on, I haven't swatched it but I'll take a picture of it on this week.
I'll use the first shade (L-R) on my brow bone, the second on my lid and the third on my eye crease.
The palette comes with a reasonable sized mirror and a little brush (which I usually throw away if its the sponge applicator but one side is a small angled brush which may be good!).
I love the Smashbox packaging, it's simple and chic. Although the rubber exterior does get really dirty but I think it can be wiped away with a wet cloth. I love the plain font, I think it's really classic.

I'd definitely recommend the Smashbox brand if you haven't tried it already, the products are amazing quality and good value. I've got a few products from Smashbox in the past and most of them I use every day.

I also got a sample of the Photofinish Primer (which I already have and love) and the High Definition Foundation which I'm excited to try. I love samples!

What are your favourite Smashbox products? Any recommendations?



No comments:

Post a Comment