Thursday 10 March 2011

Three Recent Favourites.



Two of my favourites of today are skincare products, the other is someone a bit special (which I will get to in a minute). The picture is a bit rubbish, they just kept rolling around!
Anyway, I recently purchased this Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting Deep Clean Mousse, because I see it a lot and liked the sound of it. As you all know, I'm constantly trying to find something to minimise my pores. I've also been more about natural, organic products these days.
This mousse face wash contains willow bark and rosemary to clear away excess oil and impurities whilst also having anti-oxidant & anti-microbial properties to reduce skin bacteria without clogging pores.
I like that the product is a mousse, it's light and refreshing which makes me feel like my pores won't be clogged afterwards. After use, my skin doesn't feel stripped of natural oils either and I'm not desperately slathering on moisturiser, which I think is a plus.
It smells lovely too, really natural and creamy. The foam means that the wash creates a lot of lather, which makes it easy to gently cleanse the face.
I like the affect this has had on my skin, even after only a few uses my skin looks brighter and clearer and my pores look less clogged and may have even shrunk a little! If you're into natural, organic products you should definitely check this out.

I don't even know where to start with my next favourite, the Nivea Natural Beauty Radiance Boosting Eye Cream. I've never used an eye cream before but purchased this recently and fell in love.
I've always had dark circles under my eyes, due to many a late night. The area around my eyes is quite delicate, and dries out a lot. I always used to put Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream on but it's a bit too heavy. The skin under our eyes is really thin and delicate, so it's really important when using an eye cream to just dab it on with the lightest finger (probably the ring finger) and not rub it in too heavily.
From day one I noticed a difference to my eye area, it's faded the dark circles a fair bit and also made the area so so soft! The day after I used it (I applied it at night) I kept touching under my eyes because it felt so good.
I can see a difference in the overall appearance, the area under my eyes looks brighter and evened out. As this is the first eye cream I've tried, I'm not sure if all eye creams work this well but I'm really pleased with the results from this product.
The only downfall about the cream is that it doesn't contain an SPF which I think is really important. Although, my moisturiser is SPF 15 (which is recommended) I think that eye creams should contain an SPF as well.
Now I've tried an eye cream, I'll definitely be sticking with it although I'll most likely branch out as I get older and invest in something more expensive with anti-aging properties.

Finally, I'd like to mention someone whose blog I've been following for a while ago. I first found out about Lucy Wearing when the gorgeous Ellie Goulding mentioned her on twitter as her makeup artist/stylist for one of her videos (I think it was "Your Song") and I quickly followed.
Although she doesn't post much, due to a massively hectic schedule, her posts are exciting snippets into the life of a extremely talented MUA to the stars.
Lucy recently did a post here about Ellie's new video for her single Lights, for which she was the makeup artist. Definitely one to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment