Monday 25 April 2011

5 Favourites: Perfumes.



I thought I'd do a little post on my five favourite perfumes. My "Five Favourites" posts are usually quite popular, and I've never really blogged about the perfumes I wear.
I tend to go for not so ~known~ brands, although this usually changes after a few years!

Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb: I'm pretty sure everyone will have heard of this, I've had it for about two years now, my dad bought me back a 100ml bottle which cost around £100! So much money, but it's lasted me so long. My old flatmate told me about it, she had a tiny sample of it and I had never smelt anything so gorgeous. I'm actually surprised about how many people come into work asking for it (we've only just started selling the 100ml bottle), especially as I've had it for so long!
When I first got it, literally no one had heard of it but now it seems a bit more popular and I'm getting a bit sick of it!
I'm terrible at describing the notes in fragrances, and there is nothing on their website which describes it, apart from "floral" so we'll go with that. It has notes of bergmot, jasmine & green tea. The grenade shaped bottle is meant to signify the "explosive" nature of the scent.

Chloe - Chloe: I got this for Christmas last year, I had sprayed the tester strip and shoved it in my shopping bag when I was in town. I kept smelling it and it took me so long to work out what smelt so amazing! I always love perfumes more when I've left them to develop. This is an Eau de Parfum so even though it's just a 30ml bottle, a little really does go a long way.
I love the bottle too, so lovely! It also smells quite floral, containing freesia, lily of the valley & peony notes.

Chanel - Chance: Graeme bought this for me sometime last year, I think after coming back from another tour. I absolutely love this, I love how a scent can take you back somewhere so easily. This reminds me of Paris and also Russia last year. Such a fresh smelling perfume, with notes of hyacinth, pineapple, musk and vanilla. Chance is French for "luck".

Viktor & Rolf - Eau Mega: Another V&R perfume, I got this about a year ago but I don't think a lot of people have heard of it due to it being overshadowed by Flowerbomb. I actually prefer this to Flowerbomb at the moment, I'm not sure why but I'm just attracted to less known scents!
I adore the bottle too, to spray you squeeze the V&R logo on the gold lid. It is a play on of the Greek letter Omega (Eau Mega...) and has notes of musk, violet leaf, pear and peony.
It's not as sickly sweet as Flowerbomb, but it really is such a gorgeous scent. One I've been wearing a lot more recently.

Marc Jacobs - Daisy Eau So Fresh: I got this as an early valentines present from my boyfriend this year. It was a limited ed. exclusive to Harvey Nichols but can now be bought anywhere. It's a summer scent, so contains less alcohol (alcohol and the sun can cause the skin to dry out, so summer scents usually have a lower alcohol scent) which means it doesn't stay on the skin for long. I love this more than the Daisy perfume but admittedly it's staying power isn't great. The top notes are grapefruit, raspberry and pear.
I absolutely love the bottle too! Such a lovely variation of Daisy which I think I shall be buying soon!

Like I said, I'm terrible at describing scents so I got a little help from Fragrantica.

No comments:

Post a Comment