Sunday 10 April 2011

5 Favourites: Miracle Products.


Coconut Oil//Superdrug Eyebrow Shapers//Elizabeth Arden 8Hour Cream//Chapstick//Sudocrem

I have compiled this post because these are some of the products that I think are really great "miracle fixers" on the cheap. I don't think we need to rely on top of the range products when there are reasonably priced items that do exactly the same job (possibly better...)

01. Pure coconut oil. I found this in the World Foods section on my local Tesco, after a lady at work told me about it. Boots sells something similar but it's for the body, whereas this is general use (cooking etc.). I use it to nourish my split ends (I don't actually have many split ends, but it makes my hair nice all the same) & it leaves my hair feeling/looking great. It costs about £1.50 (I can't remember the exact price) for this 500ml tub. Its natural coconut oil, solid in the tub but it melts at a low temperature so once you rub it in to your hands, it will melt easily which means it can be applied to your hair. I left it over night, but I think a few hours would be fine.
I haven't used this on my skin, but I think it would be moisturising for any dry patches too.

02. Superdrugs Eyebrow Shapers. I have bought this many times in my life, and I honestly think they're so good! I hate tweezing because well, I'm lazy (there I said it). They're not your typical wax strip, they're clear sticky strips (a bit like tape, but thicker) and they come in three different shapes, one for above the brow, one for below (around the arch) and then a small rectangle to remove hair from the start of the brow.
They're quick and easy, and not too painful (best after a shower) and so much cheaper than waxing at a salon! You get about 56 uses out of one packet, and they cost about £3-£4 (I can't find them on the Superdrug website but you can get them in store). I have a habit of just slapping them on and hoping for the best & they always turn out well! I highly recommend.

03. Elizabeth Ardens 8 Hour Cream/Skin Protectant. I've talked about this before, and I'm sure you've heard about it. There really is no end to its uses! Patches of dry skin, cuts, chapped lips, spots... it does it all. It contains lanolin (hence the sheep-y smell) which soothes and moisturises.
I put this on my dry patches and they're gone over night. Anyone else have any uses for this cream?

04. Strawberry Chapstick. I bought this recently after my mum recommended it as I ALWAYS have chapped lips (I may have mentioned that before...). The smell of this instantly took me back to when I was about 7 years old, I used to have this and I'll admit, I may have had a sneaky nibble as it smells gorgeous! What else do you do when you're 7. Put this on at night, you'll wake up with lovely smooth lips in the morning. I like it because I can't feel that I'm wearing anything.

05. Sudocrem. This is absolutely the best product for getting rid of spots. It's meant to be an antiseptic for nappy rash, but it dries out spots over night! I have had spots that have completely gone after one night all because of this little miracle. I apply a massive dab of this at night, it works so much better than any spot cream I've ever tried.

I might do another post like this as there are a few other miracle products I can think of. Does anyone else have any products that they swear by? 


No comments:

Post a Comment