Monday 18 July 2011

THE NAIL FILES SHOW & SWATCHES

I'm sure most of you have heard about the TV Guide Networks new show, Nail Files. It follows Katie Cazorla and her unpredictable life as a blonde bombshell business owner of the nail salon The Painted Nail.

When I first heard about this show I was excited, a show about a nail polish salon, I'm IN! Then I realized I didn't have TV Guide Network and was a little bummed. So when the show premiered I asked around on facebook for other nail polish bloggers thoughts. Most really seemed to like it. I did however, catch about a 2 minute clip of the show and I have to say, I was turned off.

Since then I have watched the first full episode and I have to say my opinion changed. The show was actually cute and even funny in some parts. I found myself laughing a couple of times during the episode. Katie is one of those people that seems like she stays in hyper over drive though.

Below I have two nail polishes from The Painted Nail. The polishes are made by Nubar, so you know the quality is good. Since she has several celebs that come to her salon, she will sometimes ask them to name a polish for her, which I think is pretty awesome. On the website, it will usually say if a celeb named a certain polish. The polishes are a bit more expensive than Nubars, at $12.50 each. They can be purchased HERE.


SILVER SCREENED
Named by Hilary and Haylie Duff
This polish is a sheer, light pink sugary color. It looked frosty in the bottle, but didn't come out frosty on the nail. It gave my nails a nice, clean sugar glazed look. This is three coats though, so the color isn't buildable at all.









KATIE SPARKLES
I assume named after Katie Cazorla. I really liked this one, go figure! This is a round silver glitter in a clear base polish. The silver is super sparkly. I am wearing three coats for the swatches. While you can see it doesn't completely cover the nail, it is so sparkly though you can't tell.










No comments:

Post a Comment