Wednesday 6 July 2011

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit.





I've seen a few people rave about this product, especially since they changed the previously loose powder to a new compact, less-mess version. This is a concealer duo, designed for the under eye area. I have quite dark circles under my eyes, and usually use the YSL Touche Eclat but really wanted to try this Bobbi Brown kit after seeing a few good posts about it.
I like the idea of the powder coming with it, so I was matched up and given "Beige". From what I can see online, each kit comes with "Pale Yellow" powder, except for the lightest shade Porcelain - which comes with a white powder.

I'm used to a light highlighter such as the Touche Eclat, and I find the Bobbi Brown kit slightly heavy. It seems to collect in the lines under my eyes and just feels a bit heavy on that delicate area.
I've tried using less but I think the combination of an already slightly heavy concealer and a powder on top is just a bit too much. I'm not sure if this is just because I've only really used such light concealers/highlighters before, though.

I love the idea of this product, although its not great to travel with as you would ideally need to take two brushes with you. I love the simple, elegant packaging and the mirror is great. I will probably continue to use it and experiment with it, but it's not a concealer I reach for.

Has anyone else tried this product? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment