Tuesday 2 February 2010

DIAMOND COSMETICS - NEW COLORS & TOP COATS REVIEW

Today I have some new offerings from Diamond Cosmetics (DC) to share with you all. DC has two new colors and three new top coats. Most of you all know about my love for DC. I just think they are a really great brand of nail polish and it is available at a great price, with most polishes at only $2 each.


CONCRETE JUNGLE
This is a blue based gray. The formula from Diamond Cosmetics is consistently nice and easy to apply. Concrete Jungle was nice and opaque. As you will see below, I only used two coats. I wasn't for sure how much I was going to like this, since I'm not really a gray kinda gal. But it actually looked nice on me.







MATTE TOP COAT OVER CONCRETE JUNGLE
One of the three new top coats DC has is a matte top coat. I found this easy to work with and comparable to ChG Matte Magic (the only other matte top coat I have used). I do think you need to be a bit more careful with application with this one, but I think it is due to the brush and not the formula. Other than that, I don't think I would be able to tell a difference in a blind matte test (lol, can you imagine!). Look at how wonderful it transformed Concrete Jungle though!! This color looks so SOFT, I just want to snuggle with it!






STARRY NIGHT
This is a black polish with a slight silvery shimmer to it. I don't' think it is glitter so much as a very small shimmer particle going through it. I know the shimmer looks pink, but I think it was a reflection off my coat and not the true shimmer color. However, I didn't notice this until after I had taken the pictures and saw it up close, so please pardon that. The shimmer in this is very light and not in your face. At first I was a little disappointed by that, but as I wore this longer I actually appreciated the slight effect the shimmer had, not something that everyone would notice. This did require three coats.






MATTE TOP COAT OVER STARRY NIGHT
This one you can see where I wasn't as careful with the matte top coat application. Again, this is due to the brush and NOT the formula. Adding a matte tc to this really brought out the silver shimmer that was hiding in this polish.






In addition to the three polishes I shared with you, they also are offering an Extended Wear TC and a Nail Shine. Concrete Jungle and Starry Night sell for $2.00, the Matte Top Coat can be purchased for $3.50, and the Extended Wear TC & Nail Shine are $2.50 each. All of these items can be purchased online direct from Diamond Cosmetics website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment