Saturday 12 February 2011

Neutrogena Multi-Defence Review


I've hyped this range up a lot I think, but I thought I'd do a post on it anyway. I've been using this range for about 6 weeks, and I have the scrub, the daily moisturiser and the night moisturiser. I don't have the wipes because I don't tend you use facial wipes all that often, but I have been thinking about getting them just because the rest of the products have been so good.
I've tried a lot of skincare products from Neutrogena, I genuinely think it's a good brand with products that work. A lot of their products aren't available in the UK which sucks. Before the pink grapefruit scrub came out I used to buy it on ebay along with many others.
The Multi-defence range is one of my favourites.

Gentle Purifying Scrub.
I used to use this scrub every second day, it does have tiny exfoliating beads but they're not too abrasive so I didn't feel bad using it so often. I use it about 2 or 3 times a week now and I love how my skin feels afterwards. It aims to "cleanse away dirt, pollution and dulling impurities" which is exactly what it does.
It's slightly less viscous than other scrubs I have, but I actually prefer that because it makes it easier to apply. It smells so clean and fresh, too.
My skin feels noticeably different afterwards, a lot softer and brighter looking. The best thing about this product is that the results are there from the first day.

Daily Moisturiser.
This is a "light-weight" moisturiser, which aims to protect against "sun, heat, cold, pollution and wind" which is important in winter especially as my skin gets a lot more drier due to central heating, showers being hotter than usual, cold winds etc. I don't use this moisturiser every day, it does take a bit longer than I'd like to absorb into my skin before applying make up but I do think it does a good job - that is, it moisturisers & brightens my skin and protects it from the factors mentioned above during the day.
This moisturiser has a pump, which is quite hard to use as a lot comes out in one pump. I don't like wasting the product either, so I tend to use it all up, which is probably why it takes so long to absorb into my skin. That's slightly annoying... but I still rate this highly as a daily moisturiser. My skin is so much softer after use.

Night Moisturiser.
I don't actually think I've ever had a moisturiser specifically designed for night before, but for some reason this winter my skin has been really dry. As in, it feels like leather! I know my skin suffers because I like hot showers and because of the central heating etc. mentioned above but I've never had rough skin like this before. So that is the reason behind this purchase.
Last night I wacked on some of this night moisturiser and some Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and my skin is completely free of all dry patches. I don't know why I didn't just do that in the first place.
Anyway, this product is very similar to the day moisturiser but it is in a tub. I think it's slightly less viscous as well, which is fine because it's not like it needs to absorb quickly at night.
I think this moisturiser is great, similar to the day moisturiser but it works through the night to protect your skin against any of the aggressors, "recharging skin and strengthening its natural defences". After using it last night, my skin feels soft and firm which is how it should be. Even the dry patches on my eye bags are gone!
The only problem with this product is that it takes a while to rub it in. I'm sure that's not the right word, but it doesn't seem to absorb so well. A bit more attention is required than usual.

L-R: Scrub, Daily Moisturiser, Night Moisturiser. 

So, that's my thoughts on the range.

No comments:

Post a Comment