Wednesday 9 February 2011

Makeup Bag.

First of all, I'm so sorry about the quality of the pictures. It's 9pm and quite dark so they're not great (I also had to use the flash and it highlighted how dirty my makeup is... lovely) but this is just an overview of my daily make up (similar to the Skincare post I did).
Obviously I have literally tons of makeup stored away but this is what I leave out and use daily, and also take with me a lot of time if I'm going out or whatever.

My makeup bag used to be gorgeous, I bought this from Superdrug around 4 years ago and I can't bear to throw it away (even though its dirty, faded, the zip is broken and my makeup doesnt actually all fit in it). Its purple and has a black damask pattern all over it (now tragically faded, RIP).
Okay so I think it's important to prime my skin first, since my skin is yuck and bumpy and not lovely like everyone elses. I don't always use all these products, but these are the ones I use more than others. They are: 
Benefit High Beam: I use this as a highlighter on my brow bone and cheek bones.
ELF All Over Cover Stick: I use this to cover any blemishes pre-foundation.
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: A cult product, excellent primer to smooth out skin.
MAC Strobe Cream: Lovely used a primer, gives a subtle sheen and brightens dull skin.
MAC Matte Gel: Absorbs any oils, giving a matte appearance. I sometimes use this instead of the other primers.
YSL Touche Eclat: Another cult product which I use to hide my eye-bags.
Smashbox Under Eye Brightener: I sometimes use this alone or under Touche Eclat.
ELF Eyelid Primer: Excellent eyelid primer, makes sure my eyeliner & mascara doesn't leave black marks on my eyelids & holds on eyeshadow when I wear it. 

Terrible picture. My two favourite foundations and my absolute favourite concealer.
MAC Pro Longwear foundation NW20: amazing, amazing, amazing!
MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation NW20: I didn't like this at first and I prefer my Pro Longwear but sometimes I mix them together, and have only recently started wearing this alone for a more dewy look.
L'Oreal Touche Magique Concealer: The best concealer money can buy, such a bargain and better than my MAC Prolong wear concealer!

I have a heap of powders, blushes and highlighters as you can see. These are my main ones, and I swap them around each day.
Sleek One Finishing Powder: A recent purchase, but really nice and fine.
MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty: Lovely rosy gold blush with a subtle glow. Perfect!
Smashbox Highlighter Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Stardust: Awesome highlighter.
MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder NW25: Slightly darker than my foundation, so I don't use this too much. Good for blending in & use it most at night.
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Powder: Sets makeup, doesn't look cakey.
Bourjois Blush in Rose D'or: A new purchase, but definitely a favourite. Similar to the MAC Dainty blush. Very pink with a shimmer.
Bourjois Illuminating Touch: A great highlighter for cheekbones.
Topshop Cream Blush in Pinch: Another new purchase but so good!
I actually don't wear eyeshadow all that much... I'm not sure why! I use a few different mascaras at once though, but this one is my favourite at the moment. 
Sleek Storm Palette: I've actually never used this, it's too pretty! I need to experiment, I love the colours.
Mac Pro Longwear Mascara: I didn't like this at first but I use it every day now.
Rimmel Professional Liquid Liner: You can't beat this, and it lasts for so long!
Benefit Eye Bright: A great highlighter for eyes, I use it in the corners of my eyes to make them look wider and brighter.
Benefit Brow Zings in Medium: I love Brow Zings, I use it with a small angled brush (see below).
Two of my favourite lipsticks.
MAC Cremesheen in Speed Dial: Lovely pink colour, but not over the top.
Revlon Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon: More of a daytime colour.
17 Lipliner in Rose Blush: This goes perfectly with the Revlon lipstick. 

My main brushes which are all different brands.
Models Own Eye Shading Brush: Just in case I decide to wear eye shadow.
MAC 190 Foundation Brush: I think everyone has this. Excellent foundation brush (although I don't always use it and I'm really lazy and never wash it!)
ELF Small Angled Brush: Perfect for eyebrows.
ELF Angled Blush Brush: I'm actually a bit sick of this, I don't like it as much as I used to so looking for a new one to replace this.
H&M Powder brush: I love H&M brushes, I used to have one for blush too. Lovely and soft, they stay like this for years and they're only a few pounds. 

So there you have it. An insight into my makeup bag, and all my daily products. If this post has taught me anything, it's that I need to keep my products cleaner and wash my brushes more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment