Wednesday 5 January 2011

My Products of 2011

Rather than, like everyone else, blog about the products I used in 2010 I thought I would write a post about the products that I intend to use in 2011. This is mainly because I have received so many lovely products recently from my birthday and Xmas (and I also like to believe that I'm optimistic... looking forward etc.)
There are a few products under each headline because I like to rotate what I use and I do have a few favourites. 


Face Wash: Neutrogena Multi Defence Purifying Scrub Although I only bought this a few days ago, I can tell this will be a favourite of mine. It's exfoliating but not too abrasive, it's also creamy and makes a lovely lather. It really makes my skin feel so good, and it's dried out my blemishes too. I would really recommend this for anyone who is prone to bad skin. 
Another favourite of mine is this Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash. Although about 5 or 6 times the price of the Neutrogena face wash, I love the Bliss brand. I recently only found out that Bliss is made by the same company as Soap and Glory, another favourite of mine. This wash smells fruit and also has gentle exfoliating beads to buff your skin. 


Cleanser: Santuary Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser has been my favourite cleasner for the last few months, I love that it comes with a muslin cloth too. It really feels nice on your skin, has a creamy consistency and you can feel that it works. I wear a fair bit of makeup (who doesn't) so I feel I need to cleanse after I've washed my face at night. 


Although I'm using this cleanser, I really want to try the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, I've heard really good reviews about it. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because it's so hard to find where I live. Time for an online shop I think. 


Toner: Avene Cleanance Lotion + Toner I don't often use toner, I read somewhere that it's not strictly necessary but when I do I tend to use this. 
Moisturiser: Neutrogena Multi Defence Daily Moisturiser I bought this with the previously mentioned face wash. It is now my favourite moisturiser! I use it at night too so I should really get the night version (probably no difference). It absorbs easily into your skin and is a great base for applying makeup. 


Shower Gel: Lush The Olive Branch Shower Gel is my favourite at the moment, it smells so lovely. I actually used it for a bit last year too. It stays on your skin for ages afterwards. 


Body Scrub: Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub this smells gorgeous! I absolutely love it, it leaves my skin feeling so nice and exfoliated. I'd definitely recommend this, the smell alone is so amazing. I also like Soap & Glorys Flake Away which is similar but just a basic sugar scrub, it smells lovely too. 


Body Lotion: Vaseline Cocoa Butter Body Lotion this is a lovely moisturiser which is great for all over. It smells gorgeous, I love to put it on at night to smell good and wake up with lovely smelling skin. 
Primers & Bases: Mac Strobe Cream & Smashbox Photofinish Primer I have only recently got the MAC strobe cream but it's definitely going to be something I use a lot. It gives a good base for foundation to be applied and also gives a natural, subtle sheen. I also really enjoy my Smashbox Primer which is somewhat of a cult product. Both really great products. 




Foundation: MAC Pro Longwear foundation NW20 & MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW20
At the moment I'm using only the pro longwear buuuut I have just bought some studio fix online and plan to mix them (I've always liked to combine foundations and I've heard these two are great together). Prolongwear is incredible. Before I made this discovery I used Clinque Even Better but it's got nothing on this MAC foundation. I will never change to another brand. Incredible! 


Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NW20) this is also a new product but one which I have (also) fallen in love with. It hides blemishes so well and also my eye-bags! 
I also use L'oreal Touche Magique concealer and sometimes Benefit Bo-ing. All really great concealers that I still use. 
Highlighter: Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights is something I've been using for a while now, I just gently glide it over my cheeks before applying blusher. It's really lovely and subtle and looks so good in photos. I also like to use Benefits High Beam which is another great product which everyone seems to own. If I do use High Beam I find it's better under my foundation otherwise it sometimes gets a bit caked with the blush on top. 


Powder: MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder NW25 I've been using this for a few months now and I think it's amazing. I only use a tiny bit to keep my makeup in place and take away any shine, but it's really lovely. I have also just bought MAC translucent powder so I'm really excited about that. I've heard it's another great powder. 



Blush: MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty I've done a review of this before and it's still my favourite blush to use. Such a lovely shade of pink and the shimmer is gorgeous. I'd really recommend this product to everyone!


Eyebrow Kit: Benefit Brow-Zings has everything you could need to make the perfect eyebrows. Having lovely eyebrows is really important to me, so I always make sure they're in good shape with this lovely little kit from Benefit which has the wax to keep them in place and a powder to fill in any areas and give them a defined shape. 


Eyeliner: Bourjois Liner Feutre is my only eyeliner pen. I have about 40 mascaras (I'm insane) but only one eyeliner pen. This one is amazing, it's a bit like a felt tip pen. I always do eyeliner flicks at the corner of my eye so this is a crucial product for me. I'd really recommend this, I have the most shaky hands and can't draw a straight line but I somehow manage with this. 
Mascara: Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara & Mac Zoom Lash are two of my favourites. Sometimes I'll use others such as MAC Pro Long Lash, for some reason I always find I get better results when I use two mascaras. I have quite long lashes anyway, so it doesn't matter too much what product I wear but these are all ones I plan to be using for some time. 


Lipstick: Rimmel Colour Show Offs I don't usually buy Rimmel products and generally, I don't think they're that great. However, I bought this lipstick because it was a lovely colour and it really is lovely. 
Lipgloss: Vaseline Cocoa Butter I'm not really a big fan of vaseline but this new Cocoa Butter version is lovely. Because Cocoa Butter melts at skin temp. it is like oil when you put it on making your lips moisturised and shiny. Everyone should own this. 


And so that's my list of my products for 2011. Although being the cosmetic addict I am, there will soon be more products which will be my favourites. 
What are your favourite products at the moment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment