Thursday 21 January 2010

TRUFFLE NAILS

This idea came to me yesterday, and it played out much better in my head than it did on my nails. I wanted to paint my nails chocolatey brown and then decorate them with pastel colors to resemble brightly decorated truffles. This was not as easy as I thought it would be. Nail polish doesn't exactly drizzle like icing does. I thought about painting the drizzles on, but thought it might be too time consuming and I was worried it would look like painted lines and not drizzle. I tried shaking and tapping the drizzles on, but that didn't really work either. All in all I am not too upset with how these turned out, but would love to hear if you all have any ideas on how these might have worked a little bit better.

Also, this is falling under Valentines Day Nails since it is chocolates and that was my original idea behind this mani.

Also, it's very subtle, but some nails are milk chocolate and others are darker Swiss Chocolate.







These are the colors I used. The chocolate ones are Swiss Chocolate and Milk Chocolate. The pastels came from the Up and Away collection.

These were my inspiration pictures:





Also, while we are on the subject of chocolate, look at these chocolate shoes! I found these while looking at pictures of chocolate yesterday. These can be purchased at GAYLE'S CHOCOLATES.

No comments:

Post a Comment