Wednesday 27 January 2010

CHINA GLAZE - LOVE LETTERS & MOONLIGHT

These colors were two that I picked up during my big Sally's haul. Both of these were on the regular rack, so you should be able to find these fairly easy.

Just from looking at the bottles I could tell that both of these were fairly sheer, maybe even jellies. So I knew before getting them that they weren't going to be opaque. I was really intrigued by the white one, Moonlight, and couldn't wait to try it.





LOVE LETTERS
This is three coats. I wish this were just a TAD bit more like the color in the bottle. I realize this will be used for doing french mani's so I am ok with the sheerness of it. But with just a bit more color, this would rock! I would call this a jelly. I almost painted my tips white, but decided against it so that you could really see an actual "swatch" of this color on it's own. I am still planning on doing a regular french with this soon though to show you all how this color looks for the way it was intended.






MOONLIGHT
Oh, how I love thee, let me count the ways baby! I just KNEW I was going to like this color when I saw it in Sally's, I just knew it. When I got home from that monster haul, THIS was the color I tried first. By looking at it in the bottle, I thought it looked like it could be a jelly, it kind of had that translucent thing going on. I wasn't prepared for how great it would make my nails look though! I think this color makes my nails just look so healthy and pretty! I am wearing three coats in the pictures, but this color is definitely buildable. I can't believe I have never heard anyone rave about this color before. I even went on the nail polish gallery and couldn't find a single pic of it or find anything about it on MUA either. And to top it all off, it is a JELLY!!!!!! Oh man, I'm in heaven with this one. Only one thing I would change, the name. The name of this needs to be MILK, it is a perfect name and it needs to be changed stat!
Also, this was the base coat I used for my Money in the Bank mani the other day. I did use four coats of this for that mani, so you can really see how buildable this color is.




No comments:

Post a Comment