Tuesday 26 January 2010

ESSIE - VAN D'GO

Well I was super excited about Essie's new polish, Van D'Go. I was hoping that it was going to eradicate my longings for Mac Seasonal Peach. I wanted it so bad that I even paid the full $8.00 for the bottle!! I went to Ulta on my lunch break yesterday and put it on as soon as I got home last night. The lighting in my house isn't the best and I wasn't just falling all over myself about this color, so I assumed it was the lighting screwing up my Seasonal Peach dupe high I had worked myself into.

However, today upon looking at the color in daylight I still wasn't pleased. Then I found out why - this polish dries looking NOTHING like the bottle color. The bottle color is much lighter and pinker than what it dries to on the nail. And while this is a nice peach color (as long as you don't matte it!! Yikes!) it loses it Seasonal Peach dupeness upon drying. BOO HOOOOOOO! I took a picture showing the polish dried on my nails and the polish wet on the brush to show how drastic the color change is.

So, Seasonal Peach is STILL on my damn radar!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment