Saturday 6 August 2011

July Favourites: Part One.



I've decided to do my July favourites in two parts, the reason being that I'm at home in Scotland so I don't have all the products I usually use with me so I couldn't do a full selection, so I've picked a few things I bought with me that I've been loving recently and also a few I've picked up over the last few days.

I bought this Rimmel nail polish in Misty Jade recently as an alternative to Barry Ms Mint Green, it's slightly different, perhaps a bit more green than pastel but has a good finish. I sometimes think my Barry M polishes go a bit gloopy after awhile but I've never been massively keen on Rimmel polishes. I do like the quality of this, I think I've used three coats though, which is a lot. I hate painting my nails, after one coat I get restless! A lovely colour, it seems to have lasted well without chipping too.

I bought this Witch Blemish Stick after Lucy recommended it to me, I've never really been bothered about Witch products just because I like products which are a bit stronger and since I'm not particularly bothered about products being natural, this brand just didn't really appeal to me. However, this stick has really helped my skin recently. I like that it's clear so you can apply it continuously and it doesn't contain benzoyl peroxide so doesnt a) dye my clothing/bedding and b) dry my skin out after continued use. If you haven't already tried this, you definitely should!

Liz Earles Skin Repair Moisturiser for normal/combination skin has become my all time favourite moisturiser, I'm so glad I've finally found a moisturiser I want to stick to as up until now I've just used whatever I lay my hands on. This lives up to the Liz Earle hype, it's light and not at all greasy, absorbs in well, and works on my dry and oily areas. I'd definitely recommend the Liz Earle products if you haven't already tried them!

I often use MAC powder blushes, the one I use most often is Springsheen which I think is so much like NARS Orgasm. If I'm going away, I'll take Springsheen as it's a bit cheaper so I'm less likely to be gutted if I lose it or drop it. Its described as a peach with pearl sheertone shimmer. Probably one of my most used blushes.

Finally, I've been wearing my Chloe perfume lots as of late. It lasts so long, even days later I can smell it on my coat/clothes. If you're looking for an elegant, long lasting scent this is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment