Tuesday 23 August 2011

Garnier Miracle Skin Protector (BB Cream)




Yesterday was a bit of an achievement for me, it was the first time I went without foundation! I was sent the Garnier Miracle Skin Protector (or BB Cream) at work after eyeing it up for so long. I kept testing it out, putting it on one hand and comparing it to the other and the results were amazing!
I was really pleased when I got it, they sent me a Medium and a Light and I was unsure which I should use but Light seems to be better for me.

The idea of a BB cream is to provide an "All in One", which makes skin look naturally healthy and radiant as well as providing 24hour hydration and a Sun Protection Factor. They've been popular in Asia for some time and have recently hit the UK, with this version from Garnier being the first to hit Boots (it's been flying off the shelves!).

I usually use quite full coverage foundation, I don't like my skin at all. I'm prone to blemishes on my cheeks and chin (although it has been better recently), have oily/combination skin, visible pores and marks that blemishes have left and are still fading. However, where my skin is free of blemishes and visible pores, it's generally quite nice and doesn't need heavy coverage.
I decided to try Garniers Miracle Skin Protector, using concealer on the areas which I find need more coverage and a bit of powder on my T-zone. It did work really well to give me a lovely naturally radiant look, and although I didn't have my usual full foundation I felt comfortable.
It seems to last well throughout the day, it's not on par with foundation but I didn't need to touch up (apart from a bit of concealer on my blemishes).

I think it adapts to my skin colour really well, and blends in to look really natural. My skin looked more radiant, but I found that my dark under eye circles needed more concealer than usual... but this may have just been because I haven't had a lot of sleep recently. I'm hoping that after a little while of using this, it will help my skin and I won't feel the need to use such heavy foundation (which probably isn't helping my skin at all!).

This is ideal for all skin types, especially normal/dry skin which doesn't require heavy coverage foundation but needs a bit of a hydration boost and to look brighter and more radiant.
With oily skin, you could always use a mattifying moisturiser first (or an oil control primer) and a bit of powder to set. I really do think it's a good product, and a lot better for your skin than foundation. Whereas usually, you can tell I wear foundation and it does look a bit caked, although my skin looks lovely. I think this is a nice balance of having natural looking skin, albeit not as "flawless".

Has anyone else tried this product? Do you think this is something you would be interested in buying?

No comments:

Post a Comment