Wednesday 14 April 2010

SIMPLE PLEASURES COLLECTION

I found this collection of nail polishes at Burlington Coat Factory for $5.99. I found a website listed on the back of the packaging for TricoastalDesign, but the website didn't say much about this brand. I think the brand name is Simple Pleasures though. I think I have seen these at JC Penny & Kohls - but I'm not positive.

The formula was actually ok with all of these. I was concerned with how well these bright colors would work, if it would take lots of coats of polish. I did two coats of polish with each of these, and as you can see most are opaque with just two, while a couple others could have used three. I loved all the bright colors that came in this collection. I also thought the bottles were cute too. The biggest drawback from these are their brushes. They have unruly hairs that stick out and the ends of the brushes stay fanned out, making it hard to get nice curves around the cuticles.

I thought it was funny, while reading the back of the package their warning states:
This is not food. Do not eat.
LOL - um, oooook!

I would recommend this brand, nice colors, good formula, cute bottles and a great price! Of course, for that price the polishes remain nameless, sigh....


PINK
This is a little darker in real life than shown, while still a bright pink it is a little less hot pink.




BLUE
Wow, I think something was wrong with this one, can you see all those dark blue spots? I mixed and mixed trying to see if that was the problem, but they stayed. I actually kind of liked the look of it with the flecks and think it looks like a robin's egg.





PURPLE
We all know the story of cameras and purples - this was no exception. I tried both flash and non flash pics, but still couldn't capture it. The actual color of the purple is a really cool, almost muddy looking lavender, I really liked it and this it is a pretty unique color, at least as far as the purples I have.





PEACH
An orange based peach that actually looked alright on me. I could see myself wearing this color.




LIGHT PINK
This color just seemed like the quintessential pink that is every little girls first bottle of nail polish. And with this pink phase I am going through, I actually liked it quite a bit :)




COBALT BLUE
This was darker blue in real life. This color is straight up awesome! Worth the $5.99 price of the whole collection, but it is even more worth it because of all the other great colors that come with the collection.




There you have it. Anyone else ever buy this brand before? What are your thoughts on this, great, solid collection or boring, run of the mill cheap polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment