Monday 15 March 2010

CHINA GLAZE - POOLSIDE SUMMER COLLECTION REVIEW

FLIP FLOP FANTASY





KIWI KOOL-ADA





POOL PARTY





SUN WORSHIPER





TOWEL BOY TOY





YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI





Ok, lets start off with the colors - they are neon and awesome! Perfect colors for a summer collection. None of them were just terribly new or unique - but lovely still the same. For neon lovers out there like me, I would say you need this collection :)

Now, we all know China Glaze is my top nail polish brand - so it pains me to have to say the following. All of these were a pain in the ass to apply.....I know, believe me, it hurts me more than it does you China Glaze. The problem with these is that they are mostly jelly-ish neon polishes. Not a bad thing, but to make them opaque you are looking at a minimum of three coats, mostly four though. Four coats normally wouldn't bother me, except you have to let them all completely!! If you don't you will get cuticle drag. In order for me to swatch these in a timely manner I painted two thin coats then applied a coat of seche to speed up the drying process, then applied one to two more coats as needed then topped them off with another top coat. So I guess its all about time with these in order to get a nice opaque, streak-free coverage.

So for me personally I still love this collection, but I will either apply two coats of top coat if I'm in a hurry or make sure I have enough time to let each coat dry completely before adding another. Neon and jelly lovers I think will find that the extra time involved is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment