Tuesday 13 July 2010

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalising Gel Body Oil

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalising Gel Body Oil - £4.88

I've been using this product for about a month, I've always thought cocoa butter is a great ingredient as it's natural and smells amazing. Vaseline aims to "ignite your natural glow" with this product, recommending to use it after bathing help lock in the natural oils which showers and baths dry out. 
I applied this after every shower for a few weeks, and the first thing I noticed was that the body oil is really oily! It comes out as a gel, so it's thicker than an oil. You only need the smallest amount, and to have the time to properly rub it in. It doesn't seem to absorb so well, which means it takes some time to dry and skin looks greasy (but smells great...).
I applied the body oil at night, so when I woke up my skin was lovely and soft, but I had to consider if it was worth the effort. 
I found over time, if I used less of the body oil then it absorbed easier and dried quicker, but it still looked a bit greasy and I didn't really like putting my clothes on before it had dried. 


If you can stand having oily skin for a while, then you'll like this product. It does work well, but I'm sure there are products that do the same without having to stand naked with your limbs spread-eagled, waiting for it to dry. In fact, Vaseline have a whole range of cocoa butter body lotions out, including the Body Lotion, a Deep Conditioning Extra Care Cream, and a tub of Smoothing Body Butter which all look great (expect reviews soon!). 


A good product with some major flaws - 3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment