Thursday 8 July 2010

OHHH GIRL, MY NAILS ARE FLY......

Butterfly that is! I used Zoya Miley for the base color of this mani. I was looking at Nail Max and Nail Venus mags yesterday and I was really inspired to do some sort of nail art. After a few trial and errors and getting all of my nail art bits out - I finally had this idea pop into my head.

I used the heart shape nail art bits to make the wings and long, slender gold bits for the body. The long metal bodies came from the Pretty Shiny Things nail art kit (you can get it at Victoria Nail Supply). Then I used gold balls to make the antennae with. On my ring finger I used light pink balls for the antennae and darker pink balls to make the swirl so that it looked like the little butterfly was buzzing around. And of course, since I was looking at Japanese nail art I HAD to take it over the top and add pearls, diamonds and pink gems. I also decorated the butterfly wings using both pink and gold balls.

When I started doing the other hand I really liked the look of just simple butterflies. I really couldn't decide which way I liked them best, so I did each hand different.


JAPANESE STYLE:






MINIMAL DECO STYLE:







WHICH STYLE DO YOU LIKE BEST?


No comments:

Post a Comment