Tuesday 22 June 2010

I GOT MINXED @ POLISHED NAIL SALON



About 2 weeks ago I finally took the plunge and got some Minx nails. I did a search for salons in my area that do Minx nails from Minx's website. I found one close and stopped in.

POLISHED NAIL SALON

1600 GARTH BROOKS BLVD
SUITE 130
YUKON, OK 73099
(405)350-5663
www.polishednailsok.com



I didn't have an appointment, but they were able to have someone help me right away. Chi took me to her table and gave me a book full of Minx nails to choose from. I had seen some really cute red white and blue nautical themed ones on Minx's website but they didn't have them. Since Little had to come with me I let him choose the design.


The one I wanted.


The one I got.

The process takes about an hour, mine took a little longer because Little was with me and needless to say he was bored out of his mind. They are basically stickers they heat up with a lamp and apply to your nail and then they paint a coat of gel over it and set it with a UV lamp. Sorry, but I forgot to get pictures of my nails!




Chi told me that it would last longer on acrylic nails than it would on my natural nails. I paid $35 for my Minx nails and was on my way. I had these done on a Wednesday night because I had a party to go to on Friday for my parents and sister's stores grand opening. By Friday afternoon I had peeling on most nails and the gel had started to flake off in certain areas. By 5 o'clock I couldn't take it any more and just peeled the minx off since it had started coming off on most nails. It came off like a big sticker.



While I liked the Minx nails I don't think that I would pay $35.00 for them again unless I had a really special event that I had planned, and then I would have them done that very day so that they would last long enough. I'm glad I got them done, but I honestly don't see spending that kind of money for "nail stickers" again.

I do want to state again, these could last longer on fake nails, but they didn't make it past day 3 on my natural ones. I don't think it was salon or manicurist error - just the way of the beast with Minx. I would definitely visit Polished Nail salon again.


Painted on a wall at the salon! I am sooo stealing this and using it as my motto!

No comments:

Post a Comment