Monday 7 June 2010

Get Minxed!

Minx Satc

The other day I went to see Sex and the City II. I'm not a big fan of the show or the movies, but there's no way around this: Kim Cattrall's nails were HOT. Throughout the movie she is sporting around 8 different Minx designs, all done by Naomi Yasuda.

What are Minx nails exactly?

Minx is a solid film with an adhesive back that is heat activated. The heat gives Minx the conformability to fit over the compound curves of nails and seals it onto the nail bed. The patent pending proprietary material Minx is made of can be easily removed with heat by either the manicurist or the client.


There are many celebrities rocking this look at the moment, like Lady Gaga, Kate Perry and Beyonce. They sure know how to turn me into a jealous little vixen.

Minx Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga sporting the famous Golden Lightning design

Get minxed

Seriously, I think they're amazing. Me and my dear friend Judith were already planning on getting some Minx nails done, but now I'm seeing them pop up everywhere they're stuck in my brain. I bet it's going to be pretty expensive, but I think every nailoholic should allow themselves to experience something like this once. Right?! I'll definitely show the outcome on here!

But, this is where it gets nerve-wrecking: what design to choose? There are so many cool ones! You can see an overview here. I'm totally drooling over the "Deep Blue with Silver Lightning Moons" design right now, but I can't make up my mind.

The latest

Minx also has come up with two designs to celebrate the World Cup this year, unfortunately they didn't design a Dutch flag, so uhmm I'll skip that one just to be safe.

If you had to pick one design, which one would it be?


Minx World Cup

For more information check www.minxnails.com

Image credits go to: Marie Claire, InspiratioNail, IMDB and Meeno Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment