Wednesday 14 September 2011

Liz Earle - Your Skin Essentials.




After running out of my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, Skin Tonic & moisturiser and my skin getting significantly worse, I headed to the Liz Earle store here in Leeds and was convinced to enter into this very good deal. I bought all three products, got two muslin clothes and a Superskin Concentrate free. I also got to pick up a little sample free, and I chose the Soothing Eye Lotion.

If you've followed my blog for a while, you'll know that I'm a massive fan of Liz Earle products. They do really help my skin as I'm prone to blemishes, and my skin feels and looks so much nicer when I use them.
I've bought the Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser quite a few times now, and although it is a bit out of my budget for a cleanser, it is worth it. Whenever I finish a bottle and stray to something cheaper, I never see such good results. I warm my muslin cloth under warm water, lie it over my face for 30 seconds and then apply a pump of cleanser to my face. I exfoliate in circles using my finger under the muslin cloth, regularly rinsing out the cloth as I go.
I then pat my face dry, wait a minute and then apply the Skin Tonic using a cotton pad. The Skin Tonic aims to freshen the skin and prepare it for moisturisation. Finally, I moisturise.
Last time I bought the Liz Earle moisturiser for normal/combination skin, but being the beauty obsessive that I am, this time I decided to go for something different as my skin has been slightly on the oily side recently.
I went for the light moisturiser for Oily/Combination skin types, it contains a small amount of talc to absorb excess oil. While this does really help my oily t-zone areas, I do find it's slightly drying on my cheeks. I do rate this moisturiser, but I'm probably more of a normal/combination skin type.

I have only briefly tried the Superskin concentrate as I'm slight wary of putting oil on my skin. I used it a few times when my cheeks were slightly dry and it did feel really nice, but again I'm too worried about getting blemishes to really get any use from it.

Finally, the Soothing Eye Lotion is a travel size freebie I got, but I think I'll eventually invest in the full size. I have quite a few problems with my eyes on a regular basis, they're usually quite red and dry, and I'm prone to infections. The skin around my eyes is also really sensitive, but I knew I was going to be safe using this product. It really is so soothing and refreshing, it's exactly what my eyes need after taking off all my eye makeup. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, and leaves my eyes looking healthy and brighter.

The Skin Essentials kit is £41 altogether, which includes a Cleanse and Polish Cleanser 100ml, Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml, a 50ml moisturiser (choose from dry/sensitive, normal/combination, oily/combination), 2 muslin cloths and a Superskin Concentrate.

If you're buying the 3 steps (cleanse, tone, moisturise) it is worth entering into this deal as you get some seriously good freebies. I highly recommend the Liz Earle products, I've been using them for about 8 months now and although there are cheaper alternatives out there, I like the products and the results, and the natural ingredients really appeal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment