Thursday 12 August 2010

Don't toss it, thin it!

P2 Nail polish thinner

Just a quick little tip

Hi everyone! I'm pretty sure a lot of people already do this, but every now and then I read about how people throw away their polish because it's gone bad, thick, goopy, solid, stringy, you name it! Please don't, ever, throw out your nail polish. Well, except when it's ugly as can be of course.

Nail polish actually thickens up on you because certain ingredients evaporate. Some people add nail polish remover or even acetone to thin their polish, but that's a no go. If you're adding acetone you're actually breaking down your polish instead of thinning it, and we don't want that or do we?
Adding thinner actually restores the previously existing and now missing element in your polish, making it a whole again. How spiritual does that sound! - Please forgive me for my corniness.

Different brands

I'm not sure if it really matters what brand thinner you use, I've tried several and liked them all. The brands I used are OPI, Mavala and as pictured: P2. I really like the P2 thinner because it's highly concentrated and really cheap. It does suck you have to travel all the way to Germany to get your hands on it though. If you're ever buying or ordering nail polish at a (r)etailer, have a look around, because a lot of stores do sell thinner!

I hope this was helpful!
With love, Michèle

No comments:

Post a Comment