Wednesday 27 October 2010

Dare to Discuss: OPI Up For Sale?

OPI for sale L'Oreal Coty

I was going through my blogroll today and stumbled upon this post over at Body & Soul Beauty. Mary shows us an inside article written by Bloomberg about OPI being for sale. You can read the entire, original, article here.

I have to admit, I was a bit shocked. Bloomberg is telling us OPI is for sale and currently is considering major companies Coty and L'Oreal. I'm not sure to what degree this actually holds true, but I do know what this would mean for me. I've asked for confirmation by OPI, but I didn't get a reply - which I can understand.

Cruelty free

I usually don't make room for L'Oreal and Coty on this blog. Not that I hate their colors, but they still feel it's necessary to test on animals. Brands like Maybelline, L'Oreal, Miss Sporty and Sally Hansen never really did it for me. Especially when I found out about their views on animal testing.

OPI, on the other hand, has always been one of my favorite cruelty free nail polish brands. I like their colors, their formula, their brush, you name it. From the moment I said goodbye to nail biting, I occasionally spoiled myself with a new bottle of OPI polish.

What if..

So, could all of this be true? The brand that always watched her exclusivity like a hawk, soon to be part of one of the giants? I don't want to be timely, but if this bad dream would turn into reality, I don't feel like writing about OPI anymore.
I understand this could eventually lead to less readers of my blog etc, morals always get in the way, right?! ;-) OPI may be and remain cruelty free, but I don't feel like filling up L'Oreal or Coty's wallet. I do hope you can understand and respect that, even if you think it's the biggest bullcrap out there. Let's just hope none of this is true! How would you feel about OPI being sold to either Coty or L'Oreal?

pollcode.com free polls

What if OPI becomes part of L'Oreal or Coty?

Honestly? Who cares. I'll keep buying it I'll have to think about it I'll stop buying it
  

No comments:

Post a Comment